DIY Tutorial: How to Fluff Paper Pom Poms
Tissue paper pom poms give a room a perfect pop of color! They also come flat and require some simple 'assembly.' Here's how you do it:
- Unfold the tissue paper so the stack of paper is flat and on a hard surface.
- Starting at one of the short sides of the rectangular stack of paper, begin making accordion folds* about 1" thick (*accordion folds looks like pleats).
- After folding the entire length of tissue, secure the middle of the pom using a tie or piece of string.
- Fan out the sides of the pom, then pull apart each layer of tissue to create a round shape. Try to pull from the base (near the place you tied the pom) to achieve maximum poofiness.
- One you've got the shape you like, hang your poms from the ceiling (tie a long piece of string, cord, or ribbon around the middle of the pom), attach them to the wall, lay them on a table, or scatter them on the floor. Pom poms look especially good when they're in groups with varied sizes and colors.